InterPro Ids in GOA association file? Is it needed?

Evelyn Camon camon at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 28 06:26:30 PST 2005

Dear GO friends,

We have been discussing here at EBI whether we should include the
InterProID in our association files so that users of this file could
quickly deduce the exact InterProID source of the annotation.

At the moment we use GOA:interPro in the 6th column of the association
file called DB:Reference. We also add to this column for manual
annotation PUBMED:9058808, for other IEA annotations GOA:hamap,
GOA:spkw, GOA:spec.

I understand that adding this information would expand the size of the
association file we produce and slow down our release procedure. We are
wondering whether this would be a hinderance and if indeed it is widely
useful or not. Do most people prefer to apply the InterPro2go mapping to
there datasets or are they using other computing means to link
UniProt AC->InterProID->GO:ID. If they were having difficulty with the
latter we could produce UniProt AC->InterProID->GO:ID as an extra file
perhaps.

We would very much like to know how this would affect GO Tools and GO
Consortium members that download our data and if it would be useful or
not. Please feedback to us anything that you would consider an
approvement to our services.

kind regards
Evelyn Camon
GOA-Coordinator