E.coli annotations?

Ian Holmes ihh at bdgp.lbl.gov
Sat Sep 17 22:55:10 PDT 2005

Hi all

I'm currently teaching an introductory class in compbio & naturally would
like to discuss GO. Since microbial annotation will feature in the class,
I had thought to use carbohydrate metabolism in E.coli as an initial
example.  However I have, so far, been unable to find meaningful GO
annotations of E.coli (though E.coli is listed on the AmiGO website and by
various GO affiliates) .  My question: where are the E.coli annotations?
Or is something like EcoCyc the only option for this organism?  And if the
latter, what is the prokaryotic coverage, and to what extent can GO
currently be used as a prokaryotic annotation resource?

yours hopefully
Ian

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org