GO Annotation Training July 12-14

Karen Christie kchris at genome.Stanford.EDU
Fri Apr 14 16:01:47 PDT 2006

Hello,

The GO Consortium would like to announce that we will again hold a GO
Annotation Camp at Stanford University this summer. The training portion
of the Camp will be three days long from 9 am Wednesday, July 12th until
5pm on Friday, July 14th. Below there are links to the working schedule,
general information, and the registration page.

Similarly to the 2005 GO Annotation Camp, this will be a practical
workshop focusing on the process of making GO annotations from the
research literature. Much of our time will be spent reading research
articles and using tools to browse the ontologies to determine as a group
the appropriate GO annotations that can be made from a given paper. Note
that this workshop will NOT deal with automated or computational methods
of making GO annotations via sequence similarity comparisons.

Registration is required for organizational purposes, but there is NO
registration fee. In addition, if you register by May 17th, the Stanford
Genetics Department will cover your lodging costs provided you make your
reservation with one of our designated hotels.  If you register later than
May 17th, you are still welcome to attend, but we will not cover your
lodging costs. General information, the working schedule, and the
registration form are available from the links below.

Working Schedule:
	http://www.geneontology.org/meeting/AnnotCamp2006sched.shtml

General Information:
	http://www.geneontology.org/meeting/AnnotCamp2006info.shtml

Registration Form:
	http://www.geneontology.org/meeting/AnnotCamp2006reg.shtml

If you would like to attend the training portion of the camp, please
register as soon as possible to facilitate our planning, and no later than
May 17th if you wish for us to cover your lodging costs. If you will cover
your own lodging costs, you may register until June 23rd. If you have any
questions, please contact me (kchris at genome.stanford.edu).

Regards,

-Karen

 Karen Christie, Ph.D., Database Curator