OBO-Edit 1.000-beta16 available

John Day-Richter john.richter at aya.yale.edu
Mon Feb 13 23:09:56 PST 2006

OBO-Edit 1.000-beta16 is now available for download at

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/geneontology

It's a steaming heap of hot buttered bug fixes! Most importantly, this version
fixes the crippling link creation bug that made beta15 unusable. It fixes
some long standing bugs in cross product creation, and namespace, category
and synonym category management. It also addresses some bugs in the ID
Manager Plugin that were causing intermittent but very strange behavior when
ID profiles were added or deleted.

I'm proud to announce that this version is the first to be checked by our new
JUnit-based test suite. At the recommendation of the OBO-Edit Working Group,
from now on every version of OBO-Edit will be checked by our automated test
suite before release. Right now, there are only about a dozen tests (mostly
to do with text editing), but more are being added every day. The OBO-Edit
Working Group has produced a recommendation of several dozen tests they would
like to see added to the suite; all those tests should be in place by the
next OBO-Edit release.

Enjoy, and keep the bug reports coming.

	-John

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org