GO web shutdown - January 24

Karen Christie kchris at genome.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jan 19 21:47:49 PST 2006

Hello,

The GO website will be temporarily unavailable on Tuesday, January 24th to
allow hardware and software upgrades.  Access to the AmiGO browser
(http://www.godatabase.org/) should not be affected. The anonymous ftp
(ftp.geneontology.org:/pub/go/) and CVS servers
(http://www.geneontology.org/GO.downloads.shtml#cvs) should be available
but will not be updated during the shutdown period. The shutdown will
begin at approximately 9:00 AM PST (12:00 PM EST, 5:00 PM GMT, and 2:00 AM
JST January 25th). We expect the work to take approximately 5 hours, and
we will make every attempt to keep it as short as possible. We apologize
for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best Regards,

-Karen

 Karen Christie, Ph.D., Database Curator