[Fwd: [Go-database] datasets]

jane at ebi.ac.uk jane at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 05:38:48 PDT 2006

Subject: [Go-database] datasets
From:    "Robinson, Peter" <peter.robinson at charite.de>
Date:    Thu, July 20, 2006 10:53 am
To:      go-database at fruitfly.org

Dear GO friends,

we are in the process of making improvements to our GO analysis tool, the
Ontologizer, and I have noticed that one of the most time consuming
aspects of the process seems to be finding good datasets with which to
test new algorithms. I would guess that we are not entirely alone in this.
I wonder if it would be a good idea for the GO community to make a
repository of datasets for testing new algorithms and also for new users
to learn the ropes. I would be thinking of lists of study sets (say
differentially expressed genes) with corresponding population sets (say
all genes on the chip) together with short biological and methods
descriptions. Does such a repository already exist or does anyone have any
tips?

take care, Peter

Dr. med. Peter Robinson, MSc.
Institut für Medizinische Genetik