GODB Resources

Mike Cherry cherry at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 3 14:31:25 PST 2006

Please take a moment and help us enhance the resources provided by
the Gene Ontology project.

To better serve the users of the GO project we request your
assistance in answering the following six questions.  Please send
your answers to me at cherry at stanford.edu.  I anticipate answering
these questions will take you much less than five minutes.  If you
don't handle the maintenance of GO data at your organization please
forward this message to the individual that does.

We are considering many enhancements and with these questions wish to
get a reading on the usage of our current resources.  This will be a
great aid in the design of future resources.

Thank you for your time,
Mike Cherry for the Gene Ontology Consortium

--

1. Do you regularly download files from the GO database archives
(http://archive.godatabase.org/ or ftp://ftp.godatabase.org/

2. If yes to question #1, what type of files do you download and
roughly how often?
   (mySQL data files, any of the XML formatted files, Gene
Associations, OBO ontology files)

3. Do you use any part of the GO-DEV (http://www.godatabase.org/dev/
doc/) environment?
   (Yes or No)

4. If yes to question #3, what parts do you use?
   (all or please summarize parts used, listing filenames is not
required)

5. Have you installed the GO database and/or AmiGO (go.cgi) at your
organization?
   (Yes or No)

6. If yes to question #5, do you keep the data and/or software up-to-
date with new releases from the GO project?  If yes, please state the
frequency you update the data and software.

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org