GO Terms Classifications Counter

Zhiliang Hu hu at genome.ansci.iastate.edu
Mon Mar 20 18:41:43 PST 2006

Struggling through the past few years we failed to find an available
tool for us to count the occurrence of a set of GO terms by certain
parental classifications (such needs were mainly from EST analysis).
Therefore we came up a generic web tool following the principal of
transitive closure to do the job.

It takes input of GO terms (e.g. GO:0007067) in a list format or
unformatted plain text file, allows users to choose one of the
available classifications such as GO_slim, GOA, EGAD, MGI_GO_slim, ...
or GO-ROOT, performs the count, and returns the results on the web (if
it takes too long, it will email the user with the results link).  The
results includes a sorted table of counts, percentages, and a pie
chart.

We hope the tool is useful to the community, and welcome comments,
report of bugs, and any useful suggestion to make it better.

Zhiliang Hu
& Jie Bao

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org