Splice variant identifiers introduced in GOA species specific files

Daniel Barrell dbarrell at ebi.ac.uk
Mon May 22 06:25:44 PDT 2006

Hi,

In the new GOA release due out later this week we will start to annotate
to known splice variants in the species specific files:

gene_association.goa_arabidopsis.gz
gene_association.goa_chicken.gz
gene_association.goa_cow.gz
gene_association.goa_human.gz
gene_association.goa_mouse.gz
gene_association.goa_rat.gz
gene_association.goa_zebrafish.gz

This means we better reflect the IPI
(http://www.ebi.ac.uk/IPI/IPIhelp.html) datasets that the above files
are based upon.

This change means that we have had to change the way we deal with manual
annotations in these files.  For cases where the curator has not
annotated to the isoform ID directly we will transfer the annotation to
the master isoform ID.

These changes do not affect the UniProt or PDB sets.  If you have any
further questions about the implication of these changes than please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Dan Barrell, GOA

--