enquiry

Roberta Scott rscott1978 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 13 07:28:07 PDT 2006

Hello,

I was just wondering, I have assigned a gene ontology to an unpublished
sequence. To do this I downloaded it's closest relatives from Integr8,
blasted the unpublished sequence against each of them and made an assignment
based on sequence similarity. Mainly I wanted to do this to compare the
unknown sequence to it's closest neighbours. I used a MySQL database to
complete the assignments.

I would like to make a DAG of the gene ontology of the unpublished sequence,
however, most of the software available seems to be for assignments made
using software such as Blast2GO. My data is in the format:

Protein GT1           GO:0003677
Protein GT1           GO:0009832
Protein GT2           GO:0779088
Protein GT2           GO:0000002

Is it suitable to make a graph of this kind of data, or is there no software
available,

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Roberta Scott (University of Ulster).