Quantifying Specificity of GO Terms

Tobias Sayre tobias at sfsu.edu
Tue Apr 17 12:35:08 PDT 2007

Dear GO Friends,

I am working on a project that involves curation of protein data that
includes GO terms, and it would be very helpful if I had some numerical
quantification of the specificity of each term.  It is possible to manually
examine each term to determine this specificity, but because there is a
large amount of data, I would like to automate the process.  I understand
that there is no reliable way to do this simply using the level in the DAG
hierarchy, but I am wondering if any of you might have a work-around.

Thanks,

Tobias Sayre