Quantifying Specificity of GO Terms

Fritz Roth froth at hms.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 17 18:16:23 PDT 2007

My favorite measure of GO term specificity (or 'vagueness' if you
prefer) is the fraction of genes currently annotated with that term.

Fritz Roth

At 03:35 PM 4/17/2007, Tobias Sayre wrote:
>Dear GO Friends,
>
>I am working on a project that involves curation of protein data
>that includes GO terms, and it would be very helpful if I had some
>numerical quantification of the specificity of each term.  It is
>possible to manually examine each term to determine this
>specificity, but because there is a large amount of data, I would
>like to automate the process.  I understand that there is no
>reliable way to do this simply using the level in the DAG hierarchy,
>but I am wondering if any of you might have a work-around.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tobias Sayre

Frederick P. 'Fritz' Roth, Asst. Professor,
Harvard Medical School / BCMP Dept.
250 Longwood Avenue, SGMB-322, Boston, MA 02115
phone:(617) 432-3551   mailto:fritz_roth at hms.harvard.edu
fax:  (617) 432-3557   http://llama.med.harvard.edu
Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org