GO development

Julien Roux Julien.Roux at unil.ch
Tue Apr 24 09:33:54 PDT 2007

Hello everybody

I was looking at the expression in zebrafish of developmental genes in
GO, annotated as (or under) multicellular organismal development,
<http://amigo.geneontology.org/cgi-bin/amigo/go.cgi?view=details&search_constraint=terms&depth=0&query=GO:0007275&session_id=5369b1177431790>GO:0007275,
biological process.
Surprisingly I find that compared to the rest of zebrafish genes, they
are less expressed at the beginning of development, expressed in similar
levels from segmentation stages to larval stages and then less expressed
in juvenile and adult.
I would expect these genes to be overexpressed during the development
process...
What do you think of that?
What is classified as "development" in GO?

Thanks for your help and ideas
Julien

--
Julien Roux, PhD student