[gofriends] Re: Fwd: Tools to Visualize/Display GO Terms

Mary Dolan Mary_Dolan at umit.maine.edu
Tue Aug 21 14:19:10 PDT 2007

Kimberly Van Auken <vanauken at caltech.edu> on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 4:00 PM -0500 wrote:
>I have also forwarded your email to the GO Friends mailing list, as
>members of this list may be
>able to help you evaluate which tool is best suited to your needs.
>
>> From: Villeneuve.Dan at epamail.epa.gov
>> <mailto:Villeneuve.Dan at epamail.epa.gov>
>> Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:30:32 -0500
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have used GeneSpring to analyze a set of zebrafish microarray data.
>> As part of this analysis, I generated a list of GO categories/terms that
>> were significantly enriched for my list of differentially expressed
>> genes.  I am looking for a way to display the list in a tree-like format
>> that shows the hierarchy of the GO categories on the list.  I tried
>> submitting the list using the Advanced Search option but this doesn't
>> show the tree-like structure.  Is there a way to accomplish this using
>> AmiGO website, or do you know of other publicly available software that
>> could be used?
>>
>> Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.

Dear Dr. Villeneuve,
Here at MGI we have a prototype tool that I think would be of use to you:
http://proto.informatics.jax.org/prototypes/GOTools/web-docs/GO_showselect_ids.html
This returns the GO DAG image with your selected nodes indicated in blue in both png and svg format -- you can also download a .dot file that can be used with GraphViz.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Mary

Mary E. Dolan, Ph.D.
************************************
Mouse Genome Informatics Consortium, The Jackson Laboratory
mdolan at informatics.jax.org
(207)288-6439

Research Faculty, NCGIA
Department of Spatial Information Science and Engineering, University of Maine
Boardman Hall 329
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469
fax: 207.581.2206