Ontology export in OWL

Chris Mungall cjm at fruitfly.org
Wed Feb 7 19:42:24 PST 2007

Hi all

For the last few years, we have made a version of GO available in OWL
from here:
	http://www.geneontology.org/GO.downloads.ontology.shtml

This mapping is lossy. We will shortly be extending the mapping we
use in the conversion of the gene_ontology OBO format to OWL to be
conformant with the canonical OboInOwl mapping, described here:

	http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/OboInOwl:Main_Page

The next release of go-perl will include the latest XSLTs for
generating this. You can get a plugin for oboedit at the above URL;
this will be part of the full oboedit release as of oboedit1.1

A preview of the 3 ontologies in the new OWL form can be found here
	http://www.berkeleybop.org/ontologies/

Any questions regarding the mapping should be directed to the obo-
format list;
	mailto:obo-format at lists.sourceforge.net

List info here:

Cheers