[gofriends] a question

Elham Khabiri elhamrose at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 10:56:31 PDT 2007

Hello every one.

  I plan to work with a measure to calculate the semantic similarity between genes or proteins and evaluate them with the sequence similarity measure like E-value and Bit Score taken from Blast tool of those gene/protein pairs.

  Does any body have a set ready like the following so that I can work with those genes and proteins to apply my measure on them? It is so difficult for me to get the bit score and e-value for 1000-2000 gene/protein pairs using the blast tool available online. The set that I need has the following format:

  Gene1      Gene2        E-value   Bit score
  or
  Protein1   Protein 2    E-value   Bit score

  I do appreciate it in advance.

  Elham