[gofriends] tool to visualise terms in GO tree

Peter Robinson peter.robinson at charite.de
Fri May 25 08:20:57 PDT 2007

Jane Lomax wrote:
> Hello - does anyone have a tool that would be able to help this user
> please?
>
> thanks,
>
> Jane
>

> contactName: Kangwen Deng
> contactEmail: dengk at wyeth.com <mailto:dengk at wyeth.com>
> contactText: Suggestion needed!
> I applied sigPathway analysis to my microarray (rat affy 230.2.0)results
> and got a list of GO terms that are over-represented. What I want to do
> is: link all these GO terms to visulize them in a GO tree. DO you know
> which tool can do this? Thanks.

The Ontologizer is a Java webstart program that creates a display of all
significant terms in the GO graph as well as the anscestors of the
terms. It determines significant genes based upon both the standard
Fisher exact test as well as a novel method we have termed "parent-child
analysis" that we have shown to reduce the number of false-positives.

The Ontologizer can be started from this webpage:

http://www.charite.de/ch/medgen/ontologizer/

by clicking on the webstart icon; It requires that the user has a Java
runtime environment (1.5 or later). Full graphics capabilities require
that the user installs graphviz on his/her system, which is relatively
easy. Full instructions are provided on our webpage.

Hope this helps,
Peter

Dr. med. Peter N. Robinson, MSc.
Institut für Medizinische Genetik