[Gofriends] GO SourceForge tracker cleanup

Midori Harris midori at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 24 05:22:47 PDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

As you may know, the GO Consortium uses a tracker at the SourceForge site to
log requests for new terms and other changes in the ontology content and
structure. The tracker is here:

   https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=440764&group_id=36855&func=browse

Because we have a large backlog of requests, we have decided to close a large
number of items that were opened a long time ago, and are therefore likely to
be out of date. This will help us set priorities for our work, as well as
reducing the number of open tracker items.

On May 12, 2008 we will close all items that meet both of these criteria:

   - open for more than one year (i.e. opened before May 12, 2007)
   - not assigned to a GO curator

Any item can be reopened if we receive any comments (via the SourceForge
tracker, email, or any other mode of communication) indicating that it is still
of interest to the original submitter or another party.

Please let us know if you have any comments or questions; you can reach the GO
Consortium via the GO helpdesk email <gohelp at geneontology.org>.

Sincerely,
Midori Harris
on behalf of the GO ontology developers