[Gofriends] GO annotation in tab-delimited format

K. Shameer shameer at ncbs.res.in
Sun Dec 28 21:47:24 PST 2008

Dear GO friends,

I have download GO IDs of a model organism from Ensembl using BioMart. Now
I need to get the corresponding GO terms for all the IDs. Is there any
tab-delimited GO annotation files for BP, CC and MF categories, which I
can parse faster for my purpose. I used .obo files and tried to parse the
IDs to terms using perl module(s), but it is taking too much of time. As
am not interested in parent-child relations, I am looking for a simple
flat file of GO annotations with only ID and Annotation. Please let me
know if you guys have used something like this before.

Thanks,
Shameer