[Gofriends] GO tool for semantic similarity

Andreas Gisel andreas.gisel at ba.itb.cnr.it
Mon Oct 13 00:51:47 PDT 2008

Hi

There is a tool collection GOToolBox
(http://burgundy.cmmt.ubc.ca/GOToolBox/) which has a tool called
GO-Family which provides a search for functional similar genes according
to GO annotations.

Also we have developde a functional gene analogue finder and right now
we are setting up web site (http://spank.ba.itb.cnr.it/engine/) to
provide access to the precalculated data using GO annotations. See also
  Tulipano et al. 2007 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17767718)

Best regards

Andreas Gisel

Institute for Biomedical Technologies (ITB)
CNR
Via Amendola 122/D
70126 Bari, Italy

T: +39 080 592 9662