[Gofriends] GO tool for semantic similarity

Phillip Lord phillip.lord at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 07:34:14 PDT 2008

  IF> There are various measures of semantic similarity using the GO
  IF> DAG. The most commonly used is Lord's:

  IF> http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/19/10/1275

  IF> But there are others. See the citing papers.

...which I borrowed from Philip Resnik who applied it to word net.

Alas, I never managed to produce a website which did this. It's hard to
do this sort of thing as a service without the infrastructure (well,
that's my excuse).

I think that there is an implementation in bioconductor (the R based
stats package). There may be others.

Phil