[Gofriends] Error uploading MySQL dump

Gail Binkley gail at genome.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 9 12:30:50 PDT 2008

According to the GO schema documentation
(http://www.geneontology.org/GO.database.schema.shtml#go-meta.table.term-synonym)
the term_synonym column is a VARCHAR(996), not a Text or BLOB.  The reason
why you are getting error 1170 is that Mysql doesn't support a text or
blob column in an index.  The solution is to give the term_synonym column
a size limit then try your import.

Be sure you have the latest version of the GO schema and it is always good
to use the latest stable version of Mysql (which is 5.0.67).

Gail Binkley
Stanford