[Gofriends] Redundancy in go_XXXXXX-assocdb-tables/dbxref.txt

Mike Cherry cherry at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 9 12:44:26 PDT 2008

Gabriel,

I wouldn't say this is a bug.  The 1302948 ID is used by RGD when the
annotations have been created by the RGD project.  Those annotations
that have the ENSEMBL ID ENSRNOP00000034933 have been created by
ENSEMBL.  RGD is just passing the ENSEMBL annotations through in their
file.

The gene association file is created by RGD.  While some groups do map
all the external IDs to internal IDs this is not done by all.

One suggestion for your example is to filter out the IEA annotations.
That would remove the ENSEMBL associations for this example.  You
would likely want to do that anyway, or at least compare your
statistics with and without the computationally defined annotations.

-Mike