[Gofriends] Best practice for integration of GO annotation ?

Midori Harris midori at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 04:03:43 PST 2009

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in GO. Although the OBO format version of GO
is authoritative, if you need only term names and IDs, we have a simple ID
-> name, ontology mapping file available:

   http://www.geneontology.org/doc/GO.terms_and_ids

Tab-delimited flat files of GO annotations from the GO repository from
this web page:

   http://www.geneontology.org/GO.current.annotations.shtml

Or, if you prefer, the same files are available by FTP and anonymous CVS,
as described here:

   http://www.geneontology.org/GO.downloads.ftp.cvs.shtml

The file format is documented here:

   http://www.geneontology.org/GO.format.annotation.shtml