Search Mailing List Archives
[Gofriends] Bioinformatic Analyst position with SGD
cherry at stanford.edu
Sun Oct 18 14:08:31 PDT 2009
Fixed Term Position - Application Bioinformatics Analyst, Research
Stanford University's Department of Genetics has an excellent
opportunity available for a motivated and experienced Bioinformatic
Analyst. This individual will be an essential project member
interacting with international research laboratories and taking
responsibility for evaluating these data. Experience in genomic data
and the ability to evaluation new technologies are needed to
successfully define the use of these data. The analysis will be via
computational methods created by others but integrated at SGD.
Knowledge of new experimental methodology, large genomic datasets and
their computational analysis is expected. The experience should
include the bioinformatic analysis of data types such as RNA
transcription and second-generation sequencing. Experience with
comparative genomics is desirable. An advanced education in biology is
required to facilitate the assessment of experimental details and to
successfully evaluate quality control of novel experimental data. The
successful candidate must be able to learn and work independently, yet
collaborate effectively with co-workers. Previous experience working
in an academic environment is a plus. The candidate will be expected
to participate in group discussions regarding software specification,
design, and implementation with both programming and non-programming
staff at SGD. The work will take place in a dynamic environment where
specifications often change rapidly in response to user demand, so the
candidate must be able to be flexible in his or her software design
and implementations. This position will work within the Saccharomyces
Genome Database project. Compliance with all institutional and
governmental health and safety regulations and policies is required.
• Advanced degree in Biology or Bioinformatics, plus 5 years experience.
• Experience with data quality assessment.
• Experience with relational databases and Perl scripting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of modern high-throughput genomics and proteomics
experiments and their data types.
• Four-year college degree in Computer Science.
• Laboratory experience with Saccharomyces, Drosophila or
• Experience with software development environments.
• Laboratory experience in genetics or molecular biology.
• Experience with comparative genomics is desirable.
For more information or to apply see : http://jobs.stanford.edu/ job
number : 36125
More information about the go-friends