[Gofriends] Need a software to map GO annotation

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Mon Sep 28 07:37:38 PDT 2009

Hi Erika,

Are you looking for something like these?

	http://gowiki.tamu.edu/wiki/index.php/Category:Complement_comparison

	http://gowiki.tamu.edu/wiki/index.php/Category:apolipoproteins_involved_in_RCT

At GONUTS, we have a wiki based system for people who don't have a MOD
to do and visualize GO annotations.  We've used this for electronic
annotation jamborees within the GO consortium, and any registered user
can create gene pages and summary pages.  Current limitations are that
it requires that the genes be in UniProt and that the figures, which
come from a web service at MGI, filter out IEA annotations.  Of
course, anything you put in will be publicly viewable immediately.

We're working on a web-based bulk loader for users from a GAF file.
In the meantime, we can bulk load for you.  Let me know if I should
set up an account for you.

Hope this helps!

Jim Hu

On Sep 28, 2009, at 3:46 AM, Erika Feltrin wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am working on the grape annotation project and in particular on
> the GO
> annotation of grape genes/proteins.
> Currently I have a list of genes annotated to GO vocabularies and I
> would like to visualize these genes on the DAG GO structure like AmiGO
> does.
> The file has a column with the grape gene ID and a column with the GO
> ID.
> I do not find any tool with this function. Does anybody know if
> there is
> a software that allows to map custom GO annotation of a non-consortium
> organism to the GO DAG graph?
>
> Thanks
> Erika
>

> --