[Gofriends] Need a software to map GO annotation

Mary Dolan Mary_Dolan at umit.maine.edu
Mon Sep 28 11:02:30 PDT 2009

Erika Feltrin <erika.feltrin at cribi.unipd.it> writes:
>Currently I have a list of genes annotated to GO vocabularies and I
>would like to visualize these genes on the DAG GO structure like AmiGO
>does.
>The file has a column with the grape gene ID and a column with the GO
>ID.
>I do not find any tool with this function. Does anybody know if there is
>a software that allows to map custom GO annotation of a non-consortium
>organism to the GO DAG graph?

Hi, Erika.
I have a simple prototype tool that does this: http://proto.informatics.jax.org/prototypes/GOTools/web-docs/graph_any_organism.html
I think it is self-explanatory (upload file, click "Search") but you will have to click the "Link to show select GO ids on DAG" link to get to the graph.
I hope this helps -- please let me know if you have any problem with it.

Thanks.
Mary

Mary E. Dolan, Ph.D.
************************************
Mouse Genome Informatics Consortium, The Jackson Laboratory
mdolan at informatics.jax.org
(207)288-6439

Research Faculty, NCGIA
Department of Spatial Information Science and Engineering, University of Maine
Boardman Hall 329
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469
fax: 207.581.2206