[Gofriends] UniProtKB-GOA release: July 2010

Daniel Barrell dbarrell at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 01:55:33 PDT 2010

UniProtKB-GOA release: July 2010
================================

UniProtKB-GOA (UniProtKB GO Annotation at EBI) is a project run by the European Bioinformatics
Institute that provides assignments of gene products to the Gene
Ontology (GO) resource.

The data can be obtained via:

           EBI FTP: ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/GO/goa/

           EBI SRS: http://srs.ebi.ac.uk. Search GOA data library

           GO FTP: ftp://ftp.geneontology.org/pub/go/gene-associations/

           GO CVS: http://www.geneontology.org/GO.CVS.help.html

For further information read: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA or contact
goa at ebi.ac.uk.

Latest news:

Please note that GOA has now stopped producing the EC2GO mapping file and it will no longer be available from our ftp site. The production of EC2GO has been passed to the GO Consortium and the file can be accessed from the GO Consortium ftp site here; ftp://ftp.geneontology.org/pub/go/external2go/ec2go or from GO CVS here; http://cvsweb.geneontology.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/go/external2go/ec2go.

We apologise for a delay in bringing you the GOA proteome sets. These will be available the first week in August.