[Gofriends] GOA release [2010-03-04]

Tony Sawford tonys at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 06:34:02 PST 2010

GOA releases: 04 March 2010
===========================

GOA (GO Annotation at EBI) is a project run by the European Bioinformatics
Institute that provides assignments of gene products to the Gene
Ontology (GO) resource.

The data can be obtained via:

           EBI FTP: ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/GO/goa/

           EBI SRS: http://srs.ebi.ac.uk. Search GOA data library

           GO FTP: ftp://ftp.geneontology.org/pub/go/gene-associations/

           GO CVS: http://www.geneontology.org/GO.CVS.help.html

For further information read: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA or contact
goa at ebi.ac.uk.

It is intended that the contents of column 1 in UniProtKB-GOA gene
association files will change at our next monthly release.  Currently
column 1 displays the values 'UniProtKB/TrEMBL' or
'UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot' to indicate which section of UniProtKB an
accession is a member (please see our readme for further information on
our annotation format: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA/goaHelp.html). However,
these two different UniProtKB descriptions have caused processing issues
for GO Consortium tools. Therefore we are intending that information on
whether a protein is a member of the UniProtKB Swiss-Prot or TrEMBL sets
will be provided to users in a tab-separated, supplementary gene product
information file that will be released alongside UniProtKB-GOA gene
association files, and column 1 will be changed to consistently display
'UniProtKB' for all UniProtKB accessions. Please contact us if you have
any concerns regarding this format change.

Regards,
GOA Production