[go-friends] Is there a standard format for GO term enrichment results?

Calin Voichita calin at wayne.edu
Thu Aug 18 09:15:38 PDT 2011

Hi Chris,

We would also be interested to add such a feature to our Onto-Express tool.

As Peter pointed out the list of genes for for each term is redundant
information given the association and ontology versions and should be
excluded. However, the Token-gene ID mapping we believe is required, as
some tools allow input tokens that are not available in the gene
association file. For example, our tool allow the input of other IDs,
like affymetrix probe IDs.

With regards the algorithm parameters, it is true that is difficult to
cover the range of algorithms. Also, some tools may use heuristics for
multiple comparison or not well know algorithms; a description of the
methods or reference to the methods should be included.

As the results may contain multiple scoring indexes (e.g., two types of
p-values) a contextual description of these should be the starting point.

Best regards,
Calin

--
Calin Voichita