[Gofriends] hormones & GO

Robinson, Peter peter.robinson at charite.de
Sun Feb 20 00:17:02 PST 2011

Dear GO friends,

at the moment GO seems to have a rather selective coverage of hormone activity. At the Human Phenotype Ontology project we are defining many of our terms on the basis of GO terms. It would be nice to have GO terms for things like parathyroid hormone metabolism. Is this sort of thing in the purview of GO and if so, is there a particular kind of structure planned?
thanks peter

PD Dr. med. Peter N. Robinson, MSc.
Institut für Medizinische Genetik
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin