[Gofriends] Linked Data version of GO

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 08:20:29 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Erick Antezana
<erick.antezana at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks Alan, so in a near future, all those URIs be compliant with the
> FOUNDRY OBO URI (as stipulated in
> http://www.obofoundry.org/id-policy.shtml) and applied to the 'entire
> set' of OBO foundry ontologies (candidates and not) and OntoBee will
> be eventually serving them?

The official policy is that it is up to the developers of the project
to choose. For foundry ontologies the choice would have to be
compliant to what OntoBee does in terms of serving RDF. The hope is
that most developers will want to help us make OntoBee serve their
needs and will use it.
If they don't use it as their primary page to resolve to, then we
would still have the pages available and they could link to it with
an, e.g., foaf:page link.

-Alan

> FOUNDRY_OBO_URI ::= "http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/" IDSPACE "_" LOCALID
> LEGACY_OBO_URI ::= "http://purl.org/obo/owl/" IDSPACE "#" IDSPACE "_" LOCALID
>
> to have:
>
> http://www.ontobee.org/browser/rdf.php?o=GO&iri=http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/GO%23GO_0008150
>
> instead of:
>
> http://www.ontobee.org/browser/rdf.php?o=GO&iri=http://purl.org/obo/owl/GO%23GO_0008150
>
> cheers,
> Erick
>
> On 23 February 2011 16:33, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Erick Antezana
>> <erick.antezana at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear gofriends,
>>>
>>> Is anybody aware of any Linked Data version of GO?
>>
>> Yes. The OntoBee server we have been discussing is intended as that.
>> Review my messages to Hilmar and the HAOers.
>> E.g. http://www.ontobee.org/browser/rdf.php?o=GO&iri=http://purl.org/obo/owl/GO%23GO_0008150
>>
>> Problem is that the current URIs are hash based and so not
>> individually addressable. We're getting close to releasing the new
>> version that uses obolibrary purls, and when that's in place those
>> URLs will redirect to OntoBee. Do view source in your browser to see
>> the current RDF, which will be improved as we work on it more.
>>
>> Suggestions on what that RDF should include are most welcome.
>>
>> -Alan
>>

>>> cheers,
>>> Erick