[Gofriends] Mistake in GO structure?

Wacek Kusnierczyk waku at idi.ntnu.no
Mon Jan 17 08:05:28 PST 2011

On 1/17/11 9:39 AM, Amelia Ireland wrote:

> Could you suggest a better structure and choice of term names, in that
> case? You seem to have a better grasp on gaseous exchange, breathing,
> and respiration than these terms have managed.

I could of course make an effort try to come up with something I think
is better.  But I'm no expert, and I think an ontology such as the GO
should have its terms carefully reviewed by experts to avoid confusion.
I'm basing my opinion on my almost forgotten education and the texts I
have at hand, and are fairly comfortable with my judgment, but so is
David with his, I guess.

I'll let you know when I come up with something I'd like to share, and
you then decide whatever you like.

vQ