[go-friends] GO database table to ER

Zhiliang hu at animalgenome.org
Mon Oct 17 20:02:58 PDT 2011

I wish to have an ER digram for the GO database tables so that I can build
customized queries more easily.  However my attempts by connecting the
MySQL Workbench to a local copy of a GO db, and by importing all SQL
scripts ('cat' all into one) into MySQL Workbench, all failed.  I am not
sure but wonder is there a different copy of SQL scripts that can be used
for this purpose? (e.g. I have successfully use Ensembl SQL scripts to
port into MySQL Workbench for ER diagrams).

I know there is already an ER at the GO site
http://www.geneontology.org/GO.database.shtml#diagram but I wish to have
one in the MySQL Workbench for details.

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Zhiliang