Search Mailing List Archives
[go-friends] Bio-Ontologies SIG 2012 -- Call for participation
nigam at stanford.edu
Sun Feb 5 15:08:19 PST 2012
*What*: Call for participation in the Bio-Ontologies SIG 2012
*Where*: July 13 - 14, 2012, Long Beach, CA. (Co-located with ISMB 2012)
*When*: Submissions Due: April 13th, 2012 (Fri)
The Bio-Ontologies SIG provides a forum for discussion of the latest and
innovative research in the application of ontologies and in the
organisation, presentation and dissemination of knowledge in life sciences.
Bio-Ontologies is one of the longest running SIG. We are interested in
innovative approaches to organizing and consuming knowledge in life
sciences and biomedicine.
We invite papers in traditional areas, such as the biological applications
of ontologies, reports on newly developed ones, and the use of ontologies
in data sharing standards. In addition, we invite submissions on using
ontologies for translational research as well as data-driven approaches to
evaluate ontologies. We invite submissions on a range of topics including,
but not limited to:
- Discoveries enabled by Scientific Wikis
- Semantic Web Enabled Applications
- Hypothesis Testing Platforms
- Use of Ontologies in Data Standards
- Role of Bio-Ontologies in Health 2.0
- Bio-Curation Platforms
- Collaborative Ontology Authoring and Peer-Review Mechanisms
- Automated Ontology Learning
- Automated Annotation Pipelines
- Ontology Generation From Natural Language
- Mapping Between Ontologies
- Research in Ontology Evaluation
- "Flash updates" on Newly Developed or Existing Bio-Ontologies
We are inviting three types of submissions.
- Short papers, up to 4 pages.
- Poster abstracts, up to 1 page.
- Flash updates, up to 1 page
Following review, successful papers will be presented at the Bio-Ontologies
SIG. Poster abstracts will be provided poster space and time will be
allocated during the 2 days for at least one poster session. Flash updates
are for short talks (5 min) giving the salient new developments on existing
public ontologies. Authors of posters can also provide a flash update.
Unsuccessful papers will automatically be considered for poster
-- SIG Organizers
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the go-friends