[go-friends] Shared GO terms between protein pairs

Pablo Porras pporras at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 22 03:43:24 PDT 2012

     Hi,

     I haven't performed this type of analysis myself, but I think the
APID2NET plugin for Cytoscape developed by Javier de las Rivas group can
do it. Check the APID webpage and you'll find some information about it
there: http://bioinfow.dep.usal.es/apid/index.htm
     I hope this helps.

                   Best regards,

                                 Pablo.

On 22/03/2012 10:23, Jane Lomax wrote:
> Could anyone recommend a tool for this user please?
>
> thanks,
>
> Jane
>

>> Respected Sir/Madam,
>> I am currently working on a task that requires me to assess the
>> shared GO terms between protein pairs. I have 30,000 protein pairs
>> (PPI data) and I would like to determine the depth/level in the GO
>> hierarchy that each protein pair shares. I am unable to determine
>> which GO tool/software is suitable for this task. Could you please
>> suggest what method I could employ to achieve this goal.
>>
>> Your support and response in this matter shall be highly appreciated.
>> Thanking you.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Saloni

Pablo Porras Millán, Ph.D.