[go-friends] Model Organisms to Human Biology – Cancer Genetics Conference- abstract deadline Monday

Paul Sternberg pws at caltech.edu
Wed Mar 28 08:21:47 PDT 2012

Dear Gene Ontology Colleague,

I want to alert you to what we think will be an amazing genetics
meeting:

The Model Organisms to Human Biology – Cancer Genetics Conference
sponsored by the Genetics Society of America
will be held in Washington, D.C. from June 17 – 21, 2012.

To make sure your work is included in this unique event, please submit
your abstract by April 2, 2012.
This highly interactive meeting will bring together investigators who
study cancer-relevant problems in model organisms, with those who
study human cancer, and provide opportunities for investigators to
communicate with each other, exchange ideas, and forge new
collaborations.

Each of the 10 scientific sessions will include two talks by invited
speakers--one with a model organism focus, the other with a focus on
cancer—and four talks chosen from the submitted abstracts.

Forty talks will be chosen from submitted abstracts.  Poster sessions
will provide extended time for a high degree of interaction among all
the meeting participants.

Keynote speakers include Bert Vogelstein, Eric Lander, and Angelika
Amon.

The meeting will also include a modENCODE symposium chaired by the
Director of NHGRI, Eric Green and a presentation by the newly named
Director of NIGMS, Chris Kaiser.

Please visit http://www.mohb.org to check out the full agenda and see
the list of invited speakers.

We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!

Paul Sternberg (on behalf of my co-chair Phil Hieter)