[go-friends] GPAD files

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 13:01:28 PDT 2012

Hi all,

GPAD files are mentioned here:

http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/40/D1/D565.long

"The GPAD file additionally allows the inclusion of Evidence Code Ontology
(ECO) identifiers, an ontology of experimental and other evidence
statements (http://www.obofoundry.org/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?id=evidence_code).
For example, for annotations that have applied the GO experimental evidence
code EXP, the GPAD file will display the equivalent ECO identifier for this
code (ECO:0000269: experimental evidence used in manual assertion). The
availability of annotations using ECO codes means that evidence categories
can be grouped or expanded using the ECO ontology structure according to
individual user needs. "

Any idea where I can find them? I cannot seem to find them in the uniprot
ftp site.  Generally, I would be interested in any annotation files that
use the ECO ontology.

Thanks,

Iddo

--