[go-friends] GO gene set for all the children of a GO

Ari Eszter arieszter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 06:27:59 PDT 2013

Dear GO Friends,

I would like to create a GO annotation text file which contains the set of
genes connected to each GOids and its all descendants (children,
grandchildren, etc.).

For example in GO:0000003 "reproduction" would contain ALL the genes which
can be connected to reproduction and its all descendants, not only the
genes which can be connected to this term exclusively but not to its
descendants.

Therefore it would be a union of all genes that involved in reproduction
and its descendants terms. (And the same for every GOid.)

Like in the association file of Funassociate:
http://llama.mshri.on.ca/funcassociate/download_go_associations

Can somebody give me some hints how to do this?
(I am working with D.melanogaster and FlyBase geneIDs - FBgn)

It would be also a great help if I would be able to solve to have all the
descendants (children, grandchildren...) for each GOids.

Many thanks,
Eszter

--
Eszter Ari