[go-friends] UniProt-GOA release [2013-11-14]

Carlos Bonilla carlos.bonilla at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 05:30:08 PST 2013

UniProt-GOA release: 2013-11-14
=====================================

UniProt-GOA (UniProt GO Annotation) is a project run by the UniProt
group that provides assignments of gene products to the Gene Ontology
(GO) resource.

The data can be obtained via:

           EBI FTP:ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/GO/goa/

           EBI SRS:http://srs.ebi.ac.uk. Search GOA data library

           GO FTP:ftp://ftp.geneontology.org/pub/go/gene-associations/

           GO CVS:http://www.geneontology.org/GO.CVS.help.html

For further information read:http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA  or contact
goa at ebi.ac.uk.

Latest news
===========
UniProt-GOA are delighted to announce that we now supply more than 200
million annotations to over 30 million proteins.

All annotations are available in the 125th release of the UniProt-GOA
'UniProt' file. The vast majority of the annotations (99%) are created
by automatic annotation methods, including InterPro to GO and Swiss-Prot
Keyword to GO mappings.

For more information on the automatic annotation methods that we
incorporate, please see
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA/ElectronicAnnotationMethods.

For details on our manual annotation practices, please see
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA/ManualAnnotationEfforts.

UniProt-GOA would like to thank all of the contributing groups that have
helped us reach this milestone. Links to our collaborating groups are
displayed on our website,http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA.

Regards,
UniProt-GOA Production