[go-friends] InterPro -> GO optimization

Mark Wilkinson mark.wilkinson at upm.es
Wed Oct 16 01:15:49 PDT 2013

Dear GO Friends,

I have a fairly large number of sequences that I need to run through
InterProScan.  The primary purpose is to retrieve GO annotations from the
IPR2Go.

As you know, some of the algorithms in iprscan are pretty intensive!  I'm
wondering if anyone has a good feeling for the trade-offs in which iprscan
programs to run, vs. maximizing the number of GO annotations retrieved.
Are there some of the programs that are unlikely to return any GO
matches?  (or more likely to return duplicates from other less
processor-intensive algorithms?)

Advice appreciated!

Mark

--
Dr. Mark D. Wilkinson
Isaac Peral Senior Researcher, Biological Informatics