[go-friends] UniProt-GOA release [2013-09-18]

Tony Sawford tonys at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 18 06:23:39 PDT 2013

UniProt-GOA release: 18 September 2013
======================================

UniProt-GOA (UniProt GO Annotation) is a project run by the UniProt
group that provides assignments of gene products to the Gene Ontology
(GO) resource.

The data can be obtained via:

          EBI FTP: ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/GO/goa/

          EBI SRS: http://srs.ebi.ac.uk. Search GOA data library

          GO FTP: ftp://ftp.geneontology.org/pub/go/gene-associations/

          GO SVN: http://www.geneontology.org/GO.svn.help.shtml

For further information read: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA or contact
goa at ebi.ac.uk.

Latest News
===========

As of our previous release, dated 24th July 2013, we have rationalized
the attribution display for UniProt- and Ensembl-created annotations.
This attribution is shown in the 'assigned_by' column, which is column
15 of the Gene Association Files (GAF) and column 10 of the Gene Product
Assocation Data files (GPAD).

UniProt-created annotations all now have the attribution 'UniProt'; this
includes UniProt manual annotation and automatic annotation based on EC,
HAMAP, UniProt keywords, UniProt subcellular location and UniPathway.

Ensembl-created annotations all now have the attribution 'Ensembl'; this
includes the automatic annotation from Ensembl vertebrates, EnsemblFungi
and EnsemblPlants/Gramene.

Regards,
UniProt-GOA Production