[go-friends] UniProt-GOA release [2014-02-19]

Tony Sawford tonys at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 19 01:40:08 PST 2014

UniProt-GOA release: 19 February 2014
=====================================

UniProt-GOA (UniProt GO Annotation) is a project run by the UniProt
group that provides assignments of gene products to the Gene Ontology
(GO) resource.

The data can be obtained via:

          EBI FTP: ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/GO/goa/

          GO FTP: ftp://ftp.geneontology.org/pub/go/gene-associations/

          GO SVN: http://www.geneontology.org/GO.svn.help.shtml

For further information read: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA or contact
goa at ebi.ac.uk.

Latest News
===========

1. In this release we made further improvements to the pipeline that
creates the GO Consortium 'inferred' annotations to reduce redundancy.
This has caused a large decrease in the number of annotations that are
assigned by 'GOC'.

2. Since January we have included annotations from a new project
"Parkinson's UK-UCL", which is a project led by Dr. Ruth Lovering at
University College London to annotate proteins involved in Parkinson's
disease. Further information on this project can be found at
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/cardiovasculargeneontology/cardiovascular/newsletters,
or contact the project co-ordinator, Paul Denny, email p.denny at ucl.ac.uk.

Regards,
UniProt-GOA Production