[go-friends] Down time for GO services

Rama Balakrishnan ramab at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 28 11:23:50 PST 2014

Hi All,

On Monday, March 10th 2014, at noon PDT, we will be replacing the hardware that houses most of the non-AmiGO Gene Ontology services.  We will be migrating these services over to a new virtual machine with upgraded software.  The following services will be unavailable during the migration.  The migration will likely take several hours, although we will do our best to minimize the downtime.

Affected services include:

* GO website (www.geneontology.org)
* GO FTP site  (ftp.geneontology.org)
* GO wiki (wiki.geneontology.org)
* GO development wiki (dev-wiki.geneontology.org)
* GO SVN repository
* GO web front end to the SVN repository (viewvc.geneontology.org)
* GO CVS repository
* GO web front end to the CVS repository (cvsweb.geneontology.org)
* GO database archive (archive.geneontology.org)

Basically all Gene Ontology services except for AmiGO will be unavailable during this migration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please contact us if you have any questions at:
go-helpdesk at geneontology.org