[go-friends] Develop GO-based analysis tools or include them in your website? Comments wanted on proposed standard web services calls

Chris Mungall cjmungall at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 13 16:52:57 PDT 2014

Hi GO friends,

We have recently been revamping the enrichment tool we offer from the GO
website. We make use of the pantherdb enrichment and overrepresentation
implementation via web services.

We'd like to turn the API into a standard, such that it would be
possible to plug and play different algorithms, implementations and
visualizations.

There are some notes on the proposal here:

  https://github.com/cmungall/term-enrichment-protocol

You'll see there are a few TODOs in there - nothing is set in stone yet,
we're soliciting feedback at this stage. We want to make sure that the
standard is extensible enough to support both basic GO term enrichment
capabilities as well as more advanced scenarios.

You can fork the github repo, use the issue tracker, or provide feedback
here.