Search Mailing List Archives
[go-friends] CfPart: Semantic Web Applications and Tools for the Life Sciences (SWAT4LS 2014)
Adrian.Paschke at gmx.de
Tue Nov 25 10:05:06 PST 2014
Call for Participation
7th International Workshop on Semantic Web Applications and Tools for the Life Sciences (SWAT4LS 2014)
Berlin, 9-11 December 2014
Since 2008, the SWAT4LS Workshop has provided a platform for the presentation and discussion of the benefits and limits of applying web-based information systems and semantic technologies in the domains of health care and life sciences. SWAT4LS has been held in Edinburgh (2008), Amsterdam (2009), Berlin (2010), London (2011), Paris (2012) and Edinburgh (2013).
The next edition of SWAT4LS will be held in Berlin, DE, December 9-11th December 2014. It will be articulated in a workshop day (10th), a tutorials day (9th) and an hackathon day (11th).
We are confident that the next edition of SWAT4LS will provide the same open and stimulating environment that has previously brought together researchers, developers, and users, from various fields including eHealth, biomedical and clinical informatics, systems biology, computational biology, drug discovery, bioinformatics and biocomputing, to discuss goals, current limits and real experiences in the use of Semantic Web and Linked-Data technologies in health care and the life sciences.
• Andre Dekker, MAASTRO clinic, Maastricht, NL: Knowledge Engineering in Radiation Oncology – A real-world application of Semantic Web technology
• Maryann Martone, University of California, San Diego: Data-Knowledge Transition Zones within the Biomedical Research Ecosystem
• Stefan Decker, Insight Centre for Data Analytics, Ireland: title to be confirmed Location:
• RDF linked data at the European Bioinformatics Institute
• Ontologising the Health Level Seven (HL7) Standard
• Ontologies Ontop Databases
• Natural Language Interfaces to SPARQL Endpoints
• Introduction to Rule Systems
• RDF Validation and Transformation using Shape Expressions
Details about the Full Programme and the Tutorial Day can be found here:
• The SWAT4LS Hackathon is a roundtable bottom-up clustering organization that is an informal way for people to team up and tackle problems or otherwise get advice.
• A Hackathon Challenge has been provided by Ontoforce: define a linked-data representation of people, so that author names from PubMed affiliations can be linked to a URI. We offer an iPad mini to that participant that is able to link most author names in PubMed to a URI. It is allowed to update on existing sources.
The registration page is open at:
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Berlin!
Adrian Paschke, M. Scott Marshall, Albert Burger, Paolo Romano, , Andrea Splendiani
More information about the go-friends