[go-friends] UniProt-GOA release [2014-11-27]

Tony Sawford tonys at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 03:48:19 PST 2014

UniProt-GOA release: 27 November 2014
=====================================

UniProt-GOA (UniProt GO Annotation) is a project run by the UniProt
group that provides assignments of gene products to the Gene Ontology
(GO) resource.

The data can be obtained via:

          EBI FTP: ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/GO/goa/

          GO FTP: ftp://ftp.geneontology.org/pub/go/gene-associations/

          GO SVN: http://www.geneontology.org/GO.svn.help.shtml

For further information read: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA or contact
goa at ebi.ac.uk.

Latest News

All annotation files that we provide, in both GAF and GPAD format, now
contain a GO-version tag in their header which gives the IRI of the
version of the GO that was current when the files were published, for
example:

!GO-version: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/go/releases/2014-11-13/go.owl

This will allow consumers of our annotation files to link a specific set
of annotations to a specific version of the ontology.

Regards,
UniProt-GOA Production