[go-friends] Biocuration2015 Call for Papers

Zhang Zhang zhangzhang at big.ac.cn
Sat Sep 13 07:39:40 PDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

The 8th International Biocuration Conference is a unique event for curators and developers of biological databases to discuss their work, promote collaborations, and foster a sense of community in this very active and growing area of research. This year the conference will be held from April 23-26, 2015 in Beijing Friendship Hotel, Beijing, China <http://biocuration2015.tilsi.org>. We invite you to submit your work for publication and presentation. This call for papers is done in collaboration with DATABASE: The Journal of Biological Databases and Curation, the official journal for the ISB. The DATABASE journal will publish all accepted papers in an online Virtual Issue. This is a great opportunity to enhance the recognition of your work and of our profession within the greater life science research communities.

All accepted papers are considered for a talk at the conference. In addition to the topic focused sessions, this year there will be a session sponsored by DATABASE to providing a venue for accepted papers not included in a focused session.

We invite manuscripts on all aspects of biocuration, biological annotation and the tools and resources that facilitate research and education in the life sciences.

The manuscript review process will be expedited for these papers and will thus need to be firm on the submission deadline:

- Submission deadline: November 15, 2014
- First decisions: December 6, 2014
- Deadline for revisions: January 9, 2015
- Final decisions: February 28, 2015
- Conference: April 23-26, 2015

Authors wishing to submit to DATABASE for the 2015 Biocuration Virtual issue should go to the DATABASE site <http://database.oxfordjournals.org/> and click on “Submit Now!" after having read the "Instructions to Authors". Authors should CLEARLY state that they are submitting this manuscript for consideration to the Biocuration 2015 conference allowing the DATABASE staff to ensure appropriate fast-track for inclusion in this meeting's proceedings. We look forward to your participation at Biocuration.

To be considered for a Biocuration 2015 presentation, in addition to submitting a manuscript, you MUST register and SUBMIT an abstract (the same one as you did for the paper) for the meeting via the meetings website. Meeting registration will open in time for the submission deadline.

Announcement of the Beijing conference, <http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1672022914000771>

Conference website, <http://biocuration2015.tilsi.org>

Paper submission, <http://biocuration2015.tilsi.org/paper-submission>

Abstract submission, <http://biocuration2015.tilsi.org/abstract-submission>

International Society of Biocuration (ISB), <http://biocuration.org>

The proceedings of the 2014 meeting, the Biocuration 2014 Virtual Issue, <http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/databa/biocuration_virtual_issue.html>

DATABASE journal, <http://database.oxfordjournals.org>

Kind regards,
-Biocuration 2015 Organizing Committee

This announcement has been sent to multiple mailing lists.
Apologies if you have received this email more than once or in error.