[go-friends] UniProt-GOA release [2015-09-16]

Tony Sawford tonys at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 16 02:23:01 PDT 2015

UniProt-GOA release: 16 September 2015
======================================

UniProt-GOA (UniProt GO Annotation) is a project run by the UniProt
group that provides assignments of gene products to the Gene Ontology
(GO) resource.

The data can be obtained via:

           EBI FTP: ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/GO/goa/

           GO FTP: ftp://ftp.geneontology.org/pub/go/gene-associations/

           GO SVN: http://www.geneontology.org/GO.svn.help.shtml

For further information read: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA or contact
goa at ebi.ac.uk.

Latest News

We are pleased to announce that in this release we now incorporate 1.5
million annotations from UniProt Unified Rule (UniRule) system. Rules
are devised and tested by experienced curators using experimental data
from manually annotated UniProt entries as templates.
These annotations use the evidence code ECO:0000256 ('match to sequence
model evidence used in automatic assertion') which maps up to 'IEA' and
reference GO_REF:0000104.

Regards,
UniProt-GOA Production