[go-friends] Proposal to obsolete GO:0005472 FAD carrier activity

Harold Drabkin Harold.Drabkin at jax.org
Fri Aug 25 08:47:41 PDT 2017

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete: GO:0005472 FAD carrier activity

There are no annotations to this term. The reason for obsoleting is that the definition deemed confusion. It is a child of transmembrane transporter but it’s definition does not designate it as one (Catalysis of the transfer of Flavin adenine dinucleotide from one side of a membrane to the other); no literature reference was used.
Comments can be made here:
https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/13651

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We'd like to proceed and obsolete this term on September 20.
*** Unless objections are received by Septermeber 20 , we will assume that you agree to this change. ***

Thanks,

Harold J Drabkin, Ph.D.
Senior Scientific Curator
Mouse Genome Informatics